The 3BA Concert Band was founded in April 2005 as one of the first Brass Bands in Germany. The band belongs to the Bavarian Brass Band Academy and is the current German Brass Band Champion and was able to win this title each year since the contest was introduced in 2007. The band achieved numerous remarkable titles and results:
- 1st place in 2009 and second places in 2008 and 2010 at the B-Section competition of the EBBC
- World vice-champion in the first division at the World Music Contest in Kerkrade (Netherlands) in July 2013
- By winning the German Brass Band Championship in 2014, the 3BA Concert Band was the first German band which ever qualified to play at the EBBC Championship section In 2015 in Freiburg, Germany
- A remarkable ninth place at the European Championship in Lille, France in 2016
- Only one week later, the 3BA Concert Band won the German championships in Bad Kissingen and is qualified for the next European Championship in Ostenende, Belgium.
In 2015 the band engaged into a partnership with Geneva Instruments. This cooperation grants same, high-quality Instruments for the whole band to achieve the so much desired homogeneous sound of a brass band.
In January 2015 the Concert Band and the Bavarian Brass Band Academy gota new art director: Master Thomas Ludescher. His fresh impulses will ensure further development and firm foundation in the international music scene.